Through our Project Grant Program, Artis provides direct financial support for contemporary visual artists from Israel. Project Grants:
- Support artists directly at pivotal moments in their careers.
- Support research or development towards the production of new work.
- Support creative growth and dialogue.
Project Grant recipients will receive a cash award; facilitated introductions to local and international curators, writers, and museum professionals; and invitations to join workshops designed to teach career-advancing skills. For examples of previous Project Grantees please see our past grantees listed here.
Guidelines and Eligibility Requirements
Artis awards up to $100,000 in Project Grants annually. Artists may request up to $10,000 maximum. Artists who receive a grant must complete work or demonstrate significant advancement on their project during the following 12 month period.
- Artists applying for this grant program must currently reside in Israel and have at least two years of professional experience exhibiting work outside of a university setting. Although the project does not need to have a confirmed exhibition venue, the project’s aim and process will need to be made clear in the Letter of Interest and application.
- Artists may request support to cover production costs, travel expenses related to research, or other expenses related to an artistic project in development.
- This program does not fund tuition fees, general living expenses, or support participation in residencies unless the artist can demonstrate that the residency is a vital part of the development and completion of their project.
Applications are evaluated by Artis staff, a panel of independent jurors working in the field, and approved by our Board. Please read our Project Grant FAQ for a complete list of eligibility requirements.
Application Process and Timeline
LOIs for 2017 Project Grants will be accepted beginning May, 2017. Join our mailing list to stay updated on our Grant Programs.
Read our Project Grant FAQ for a complete list of eligibility requirements and write to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions that are not answered there. Do not write directly to staff, and no phone calls, please. We will answer you as soon as possible.